Help with top cap

cwatilive4

Recruit
I need help removing the top cap to access the transom on my 95 nitro 180TF. I have all the screws out and the transom loose. I found where they had fiberglassed the live well area but the top cap will not budge in the center of the boat. I have the front loose as well. I am using heavy duty camper jacks to lift it. The transom is rotted pretty bad so I need to access the entire thing for replacement. Or if you guys know a better way to gain access. I have searched this forum and not found any threads on this topic, also searched the web & youtube with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help with top cap

It's prolly glassed in various spots around the edges of the cap. You're just gunna have to look for the STUCK places and cut me loose.

cwatilive4

Recruit
Re: Help with top cap

It looks like all of the storage places and console is glassed. If so that's a lot of cutting. And I would have to remove all the carpet. I wasn't sure about cutting everything. If that's what it's going to take then I guess I better stock up on cutting discs for the dremel.