Always check the work of a shop...even your favorite shop

Yachtsman1304

Seaman
Since spring is right around the corner I thought I would just throw this out there with my story. I have a shop that does great work and has always treated me well. Anyway, I had them winterize my boat like they do every year and now that I am starting to itch for spring I have been checking things over. The long and short of it is they did not install a gasket on the vent on the outdrive. I tell ya, it sure makes me uneasy to think that they did that. No harm, no foul I suppose as I discovered it before it went into the water. THAT would have been an expensive lesson. Double check any work you get done by a shop... I know we all know this, but a little reminder helps especially this time of year.

Happy boating and think spring!

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Always check the work of a shop...even your favorite shop

gasket ??? vent ??? :noidea:

tinkerguy70

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think he means the gear oil vent screw gasket....I think.

Bondo

Staff member

Since spring is right around the corner I thought I would just throw this out there with my story. I have a shop that does great work and has always treated me well. Anyway, I had them winterize my boat like they do every year and now that I am starting to itch for spring I have been checking things over. The long and short of it is they did not install a gasket on the vent on the outdrive. I tell ya, it sure makes me uneasy to think that they did that. No harm, no foul I suppose as I discovered it before it went into the water. THAT would have been an expensive lesson. Double check any work you get done by a shop... I know we all know this, but a little reminder helps especially this time of year.

Happy boating and think spring!

Ayuh,..... If ya gotta Recheck everything done by yer Shop,....

I'd just do it Yerself the 1st time through....