A big gun for stopping power?? ~ Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Cal Pistol!

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself?

This is a story of self control and marksmanship with an itsy bitsy shooter, the Beretta Jetfire, by a woman against a fierce predator.

Listen to one woman's story, Betty-Sue Wollachuk of Badger Creek, Saskatchewan explains:

"While out hiking in Alberta, Canada with my boyfriend, we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere.
She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive.
If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!"

"Just one shot to my boyfriend's knee cap was all it took??the bear got him and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace."

"It's one of the best pistols in my collection??..."

Attachments

• Beretta.JPG
    Beretta.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 0

foodfisher

Captain
Re: A big gun for stopping power?? ~ Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Cal Pistol!

I never go hiking unless I know a fellow hiker is slower than me. The 25 cal. is an option though.

angus63

Captain
Re: A big gun for stopping power?? ~ Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Cal Pistol!

Looking at my knees, they must be deserving of at least a .38 . She must like scrawny dudes.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

HA I have bullet proof knees due to the replacements! :D

bassman284

Commander

I never go hiking unless I know a fellow hiker is slower than me. The 25 cal. is an option though.

Nothing like having an equalizer.

aspeck

Staff member

Yep, never have to out run the aggressor, just the person with you ... whatever it takes! LOL!

littlerayray

Lieutenant

here lets all push the women and children out of our way
every man for himself

southkogs

Staff member

I don't have to outrun the bear ... I just have to outrun you. ;)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

So me and my hunting partner have been thinking of going on a Kodiak Grizzly bear bow hunt on Kodiak island Alaska, we talk about this all the time, but eventually it comes down to who will stab the other in the leg first....

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Funny !!!

gm280

Supreme Mariner

This is so sad. He should have taken her and offered her to the bear as a token of peace. I mean isn’t it women and children first anyway? :lol:

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I don't believe it. Hand guns are not allowed to be carried in Canada except for LEOs.

JRJ

Commander

Good 1, I didn't see that coming :D

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

I don't believe it. Hand guns are not allowed to be carried in Canada except for LEOs.

True or not... being an ex-LEO I rather appreciate the humor!!

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer

The boyfried should have known better than to date any girl named "Betty-Sue" who's packing heat.

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander

lol

it's all about shot placement folks :lol: