89 Ski Challenger 351W DD Maintenance

T.LOWE

Cadet
I am looking for tuneup specifications and information on how to service the transmission. I have been unable to locate a repair manual that covers this boat. Any assistance would be appreciated.
I purchased the boat last summer from a family member and love it. Just trying to make sure I take care of it properly and make it last.

Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 89 Ski Challenger 351W DD Maintenance

I am looking for tuneup specifications and information on how to service the transmission. I have been unable to locate a repair manual that covers this boat. Any assistance would be appreciated.
I purchased the boat last summer from a family member and love it. Just trying to make sure I take care of it properly and make it last.

Thanks

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... It's a 351 Ford, What's the transmission,..??

'n Who did the marinization to the motor,..??

If ya can't find any tags, names, or numbers, post some pictures...

T.LOWE

Cadet

US Marine marinized the motor. They were eventually bought out by Bayliner. I will have to do some checking on the brand name of the transmission and motor numbers

Attachments

• My Boat.jpg
    My Boat.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 0

T.LOWE

Cadet

transmission tag.jpgUS Marine tag.jpg
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... It's a 351 Ford, What's the transmission,..??

'n Who did the marinization to the motor,..??

If ya can't find any tags, names, or numbers, post some pictures...

Bond-o .. The transmission is a Velvet Drive Model 10-17-004 serial #35420. I am posting a picture of the tag on the transmission. I was not able to find any tags on the motor. Their is a US Marine tag on the valve cover but all the numbers on the tag are worn off. I have posted pictures of this as well. Please let me know if you require further information.

jsturvey

Seaman

That's a slick looking boat. I always admired how Ski Challengers always had the futuristic / fast look to them. Had a chance to purchase one about 15 years ago, but passed. (Sure wished I didn't) Those boats are hard to find now.

HorizonblueDK

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a slick looking boat. I always admired how Ski Challengers always had the futuristic / fast look to them. Had a chance to purchase one about 15 years ago, but passed. (Sure wished I didn't) Those boats are hard to find now.

Agree. Just look at the angle of the windscreen, it is 15-20? in relation to horizontal or so, looks very cool. Hopefully I can get my hands on one, here in Europe some day. They are extremly rare over here.

T.LOWE

Cadet

Contacted Bayliner and the original brochure for the boat says the motor is a Force 351W. Still looking for some tune up specs and hope this information helps. Any information is appreciated.