CPES or ..........

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I bought a gallon of cpes. great stuff. i'm finding all kind of uses for it(marine and non-marine) and it is easy to mix up in any quantity you need. Ultimately i bought it with an eye for redoing my floor.<br /><br />The question is, why wouldn't properly catalyzed epoxy resin diluted with acetone be just as effective at a considerably lower price? It would seem that it would be great for large projects such as plywood flooring and soaking new stringer materials.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: CPES or ..........

I'm using CPES (rotdoc) on my slikker project to threat exhisting wood as well as all new wood going into stringers, transom, and floor. Is real ez to work with (fumes kind nasty-kinda like huffing while I work) and the wood drinks 'er right up.<br />Spose that thinning epox w/ solvents will work fine, however as the RotDoc says, why play chemist and potentially compromise the epox by mixing your solvents.<br />Real logic imho, for using CPES is the anti fungal agent in it. rotdoc claims the agent kills existing rot fungus and prevents rot fungus from spawning in the future.<br />----sure like that word "fungus"---------"spawning" too--