Carter Safari 28

DIPSHIP5

Cadet
I bought a 1973 Carter Safari 28. 2 weeks ago. I have checked out lots of posts, and realize i'm not alone trying to get some information. My kids said to get a nice small fishing boat project. I think I got carried away a bit.(lol). I am going to try to post pictures, so folks can get a better idea as to what I have. I would really like to have some help,identifying pieces parts.
004.jpg006.jpg001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Carter Safari 28

My kids said to get a nice small fishing boat project. I think I got carried away a bit.(lol).

My wife sent me out to get a small aquarium for my kid's dresser and I came home with a 16 gallon so I guess I can relate :p:p:p:D

Cool boat! So what's the deal, is she a runner?

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm going to have to watch this one. Another one the size of mine, but has far cooler docking lights :) I look forward to more pics.

Bondo

Staff member

I bought a 1973 Carter Safari 28. 2 weeks ago. I have checked out lots of posts, and realize i'm not alone trying to get some information. My kids said to get a nice small fishing boat project. I think I got carried away a bit.(lol). I am going to try to post pictures, so folks can get a better idea as to what I have. I would really like to have some help,identifying pieces parts.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Looks to be a "Boat" to Me.....

Also appears to have a pair of Ford motors, turnin' unknown drives,....
A picture of the drives will help Id 'em....

DIPSHIP5

Cadet

It has volvo penta 270's . The engines are 351 Ford, the valve covers say Palmer? A very confusing boat

Damifudo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't know, but I wouldn't take it on a 3 hour tour. Just saying. If you don't get the joke your not old enough.

DIPSHIP5

Cadet

answer parts alone is worth the drive from Oroville caan add on Craigs list. It said to come get it with my trailer, Papers in hand $100.. I thought the parts alone were worth the trip from Roseville ca to oroville ca. From the pictures on the sight I thought something may not be right. turns out the inside was clean,and the boat had a complete canvas cover. Needless to say we got it on my trailer as soon as we could. and hauled it home. I think I messed up and sent half the message to sone ups

DIPSHIP5

Cadet

Sorry about the messed up message. when you have Parinson's anything i type sometimes gets goofy..