92 e60tle clean carbs, new throttle cable!! i doin this correct?

Tcla5988

Cadet
cleaned the carbs and cleared of all ethanol poisoning, as well as some debris due to no fuel filter from the previous owner. only decent i see him do is bypass the vro2 and go premix and bypass a broken choke mechanism. i also got a new throttle cable for it seeing the other was cracked and rough. i set it to where the just has a tiny gap .60mm from the plastic accel plate. i have put it full throttle motor off and the butterflies dont over open, they look good. pull it back and crank it.... it idles sexy, 1300 rpm +-100 and idle drive is bout 1000 rpm. its in a barrel of water im sure it will push forward. i pull the neutral throttle handle up and it revs to about 3000rpm. this sound good? too high too low? ill put it in the water this weekend for final adjustments but whats the rundown on adjusting the new cable to the engine?
photo.jpg

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 92 e60tle clean carbs, new throttle cable!! i doin this correct?

You need to set the final idle when the boat is floating normally in the lake. Set the idle for 650-700 rpm's when the engine is in forward gear. I have that same engine and mine does not like to idle that low, so I run it's idle about 750-800 in gear. Those 3 cyls are not always the best idlers. No real need to fast idle it at 3000, probably more like 2000-max. Just don't lift the handle as much.