What kind of hull design would you call this?

cecho

Petty Officer 1st Class
I would guess it's a variable deadrise. I've been told this boat handle very well in rough water but doesn't roll when trolling drifting or anchored.

hull.jpg

hull2.jpg

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens
Re: What kind of hull design would you call this?

Thompson_20.jpghydraLift.jpgYep I don't see different step or angels in back not VDR different straff for water spray and deepV ?20 ' 1000# heavyer than mine 19.5' 1 axel trailer on mine this has 2 must be built like a tank .sailfish2660_vds1.jpg

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

they all do that... the rounded back doesn't change anything... it is just a V hull

I have two wellcrafts... one is a 28' cruiser and it has a sharper dead rise angle at the front than the rear The other is a 20' center console fisherman boat and it has a much sharper angle at the front with wide bow flairs and the same rounded portion at the rear but neither of them gets any special name other than "V" or "Deep V"

Don't let it bother you, your hull doesn't need a special name to bring you a lot of enjoyment on the water and if you really want a name then make up a witty one and paint it on the transom :)

cecho

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks! It is what it is. I don't care what it is as long as it works. I just like to know what is. :)