5.7 Thermostat housing hoses

DAMIEMARIAH

Cadet
Hi All,
I have a 2006 Mercruiser 5.7tks engine that i have converted to my Volvo drive, i have fitted back my Volvo manifolds and risers but the thermostat housing has 4 hoses that originaly went to the mercruiser risers, and 1 larger on the left that goes my circulation pump and opposite ( on the right) i assume this last one must be the water supply from the raw water pump, my Volvo manifolds only have 2 hoses. Do i use the 2 on the top of the housing that look like a T piece screwed into the top of it and blank off the other 2 that are above the thermostat chamber?
Many Thanks.
I know its an odd question but if you read my previous posts you this will explain my reasons for the mix and match!
Many Thanks
Damian.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 5.7 Thermostat housing hoses

Hi All,
I have a 2006 Mercruiser 5.7tks engine that i have converted to my Volvo drive, i have fitted back my Volvo manifolds and risers but the thermostat housing has 4 hoses that originaly went to the mercruiser risers, and 1 larger on the left that goes my circulation pump and opposite ( on the right) i assume this last one must be the water supply from the raw water pump, my Volvo manifolds only have 2 hoses. Do i use the 2 on the top of the housing that look like a T piece screwed into the top of it and blank off the other 2 that are above the thermostat chamber?
Many Thanks.
I know its an odd question but if you read my previous posts you this will explain my reasons for the mix and match!
Many Thanks
Damian.

Dude, this Cob Job of yer's is a Volvo based pile....
I'm movin' this thread to the Volvo forum for ya...

Why in 'ell don't ya swap ALL the Volvo parts over to this motor, so it'll Fit Right....

NO,... you need the Volvo T-stat housin', as the Mercruiser housin' Ain't Right....

'n another thing,... Yer left, 'n right are Backwards....
Boats have a Starboard, 'n Port sides, use those terms, that way it don't matter where yer standin', nor which way yer lookin'...

DAMIEMARIAH

Cadet

Bondo,
I posted this as i wanted mercruiser owners who will know thier engines to advise me which of the outlets on the MERCRUISER ENGINE thermostat do what, its highly unlikely that Volvo owners will, i have posted this in the 2 different places as my situation is unusual and my thought is that a forum is for posting issues for others to see and help, pushing my posts into just one section as it is 'frowned upon' isnt helping me at all. are we here for red tape or so we can be of help to one another?
Dude, this Cob Job of yer's is a Volvo based pile....
I'm movin' this thread to the Volvo forum for ya...

Why in 'ell don't ya swap ALL the Volvo parts over to this motor, so it'll Fit Right....

NO,... you need the Volvo T-stat housin', as the Mercruiser housin' Ain't Right....

Bondo

Staff member

Bondo,
I posted this as i wanted mercruiser owners who will know thier engines to advise me which of the outlets on the MERCRUISER ENGINE thermostat do what, its highly unlikely that Volvo owners will, i have posted this in the 2 different places as my situation is unusual and my thought is that a forum is for posting issues for others to see and help, pushing my posts into just one section as it is 'frowned upon' isnt helping me at all. are we here for red tape or so we can be of help to one another?

Well,.... As I said, yer Cobbin' a pile of poo, instead of doin' it RIGHT....

You can NOT use the Merc t-stat housin' as it's ALL WRONG....

You can NOT just pick, 'n choose which ports to use,....
Just swap over the right Volvo t-stat housing....

The cross-posting rules still apply, whether you do it Right,.... or Not.....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I remember your previous threads, but I don't keep up with them, and not going to go back and look at all your previous threads to figure out what you are doing.

I have no idea what your Merc is plumbed like, and being a 2006 I have no clue how you plumb the thermostat housing to a Volvo exhaust. They are two completely different setups.

Post some pictures of how the engine was plumbed originally, and it may be possible to figure it out.

It would probably be a lot easier to just get a Volvo tstat housing and hoses, and plumbing it right.

DAMIEMARIAH

Cadet

Well,.... As I said, yer Cobbin' a pile of poo, instead of doin' it RIGHT....

You can NOT use the Merc t-stat housin' as it's ALL WRONG....

You can NOT just pick, 'n choose which ports to use,....
Just swap over the right Volvo t-stat housing....

The cross-posting rules still apply, whether you do it Right,.... or Not.....

This is not a pile of poo but a very expensive mercruiser engine that i have bolted my Volvo risers too, your answer isnt helpful by insulting people about thier project. This is a simple plumbing problem If this forum (BONDO) would let the correct people look at my thread i am sure there is someone who could help but as he is playing god with the forum and being insulting will have to join another forum for help insted.
I was hoping Don would have come in as he has always been helpful.......Don where are you?!!!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I was hoping Don would have come in as he has always been helpful.......Don where are you?!!!

I did, look just above your last post.

Bondo

Staff member

This is not a pile of poo but a very expensive mercruiser engine that i have bolted my Volvo risers too, your answer isnt helpful by insulting people about thier project. This is a simple plumbing problem If this forum (BONDO) would let the correct people look at my thread i am sure there is someone who could help but as he is playing god with the forum and being insulting will have to join another forum for help insted.

Ayuh,.... Bein' a single digit typist may make my answers blunt, but My Info is Correct....(atleast this time)
It would probably be a lot easier to just get a Volvo tstat housing and hoses, and plumbing it right.

You have an expensive motor, yet you Refuse to do the swap the Right Way...
Volvos, 'n Mercruisers were Never meant to be mixed, 'n matched....

You Obviously still have the proper Volvo parts, yer just skimpin' out on the Labor to do what needs doin', the RIGHT way...