Looking for Playtime bow rider info

Siamesekat

Cadet
I have acquired a playtime bow rider and am looking for any info on it. Manuals and such. I know from reading here that it has a '93 omc 3.0 engine/outboard. That the company has closed it's doors. And that most people on here, or that post, don't have much nice to say about the omc/cobra set ups.

Just looking for items to help keep it running. Haven't had it on the water yet so don't know much.

The second pic has another boat behind it. That one has the tower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 0

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Looking for Playtime bow rider info

Very few boats ever came with a manual of any use. If they had one at all, it was generally just real generic safety information. What would be by far the most valuable thing for you to seek out is a factory service manual for you motor/drive. Put a post up in the OMC I/O repair section and someone there should be able to point you to a place to buy one.

OMC Cobra's were not bad drives by any means. We just caution buyers against them due to the issues with parts support. Yours isn't TOO terribly obsolete so you should be in good shape for a while. And the 3.0 is a great motor. That boat looks to have been very well maintained or restored. Congrats!

The little bit of info I do know about OMC Cobra is that the fluids in them are not changed the same way as on a comparable Mercruiser and if you try doing it the same way you will under fill them and blow them up. So definitely do your homework in that department.

Siamesekat

Cadet

Thanks ezombee. I will definitely look for a service manual and check about the fluid refills.

moosehead

Chief Petty Officer

OP, that is a sporty lookin' craft that seems to have defied the years, enjoy.

Siamesekat

Cadet

Had her out on the water this weekend. WOT at 4600 and 42 mph with the Admiral and the sheltie. Both seemed to really enjoy the trip. Was a bit on the cool side and the wind kicked up yesterday but was having a blast while we were out.

Tach seemed a bit on the slow side until a buddy went out with me an introduced me to how to trim it out. Then it opened right up.
Speedo wasn't working on first trip but started working on the second and third. And the throttle is just a bit stiff. Also have to move it quite a ways before it engages and starts to throttle up. But it doesn't have and issue going in and out of gear.

And I have got to get that seat changed out. Anyone have something close the this? The blue/charcoal would be a good match.
http://www.basspro.com/Wise-Deluxe-2Tone-Lounge-Seat/product/45018/

image.jpg
image.jpg