Carburetor bowl gaskets

rrw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi, I have 3 Johnsons I wanna clean the carbs on. A 1988 88, 1988 40 Vro, and a 1994 9.9, does anyone know if the bowl gaskets or seals are reusable? I'm not familiar with outboards, I know newer mikunis they use on snowmobiles have a reusable oring. I might get an actual kit for the 9.9 but would like to avoid it on the other 2 especially being they have 2 carbs each. Thanks!

snookhooked

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Carburetor bowl gaskets

It really depends on what type of gaskets. mine are O ring style so as long as they aren't damaged or leaking. I can clean and re install them with no problems. it would help to know the year and model number for some of these guys to help. they are great on here. good luck with everything.

lilroud

Cadet

iv always been able to reuse them. on boats, 4 wheelers and my motorcycle.... as long as they are clean and obviously not damaged.

woody66912

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As long as the gaskets are (tan) in color you should be OK. If they are black you really need to replace them. The tan ones will handle todays fuels.

40 hp....bowl gasket.......part# 332696
40 hp....nozzle gasket....part# 332708

9.9 hp...bowl gasket.......part# 338882

88 hp....bowl gasket.......part# 338884

johnson89

Petty Officer 1st Class

on that 1988 88hp if you have the plastic bowls check them for being warp

rrw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok, thanks for the help guys. My 88 does have plastic bowls, if they're warped I assume they need replacing? Do they make new replacements, can I put older metal ones on? Thanks again, Ryan

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

The replacement bowls are aluminum but you will also have to purchase new mid-range jets to fit them.

rrw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The replacement bowls are aluminum but you will also have to purchase new mid-range jets to fit them.

Ok, where do you get the replacement bowls from? I tried Google and eBay, no luck. Thanks!

boobie

Supreme Mariner

At any BRP Dealer or maybe right here on I-Boats.