Mystery cans....

Zee-L- Usay

Recruit
I bought a place and the old owner did a lot of boat repairs. I have found all sorts of stuff(that would be spelled with an "sh":joyous:) stuck in many corners of ... well everywhere on the property. I can I.D. most of the things I found but these little cans.

I finally, after 1 1/2 years started to move an old firewood bin. But to my surprise it was a cabinet and was full of sh... stuff. There were about a dozen throttle/gear cables all but two were garbage. Some control levers and lots of pieces of wire, seat foam, etc. But then I found a plastic bag with 13 "tin" cans in it.

These cans are silver, 3.5 inches round, 3 inches tall, (about the size of a mothers metal polish can) plain with only a small business card sized white with black lettering label. It reads:
RACHWEL L-6

Part#9098105
70mm X 42m
XSM2 E.I. P.
21341610 0

2ZLNN
Made in Germany

Inside the can is the same plain metal as the outside but there are thin white parallel lines on the bottom, about 1/8" thick, 1" apart. the sides have 3 of the same line forming rings.

My question is "what's the bus drivers name?"; No wait it's "what came in the cans?" I think some sort of tape but it was thin for 42 meters to fit into these cans.

Thanks for any info.

Zee

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mystery cans....

Ayuh,.... Where's the Pictures,..... The bus driver's name was Ralph,...... ;)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Pics please. Annie Porter was the bus driver. :)

Welcome to iboats, Zee.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Sure hope they are not some OLD potted meats like I found under my boat's rotted floor when I remove it...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The bus driver's name is roscoe.

Tape sounds like a good guess.
Or possibly ribbon or lace?

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sounds like the cans I used to see new trailer wheel bearings come in.
Can you post a picture.