Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 w/ I-pilot questions

qtiznip

Cadet
Hello All,

I have the opportunity to purchase a Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 w/ I-pilot for $650. The motor is 24v and 55 lbs thrust. I have a couple of questions. Everything looks to be in good shape. The i-pilot feature is really what I'm looking for because I fish alone most of the time. I am looking to run this on a small 14 ft utility boat.

First, is this a good deal? Does anyone have any experience with the Powerdrives?

Second, is there any way to convert or run this as a 12v? With my boat being fairly small I don't need the power and the weight/cost of new batteries is a concern. The weight is especially concerning because I would probably have to ad two additional batteries, and their weight, to the one I already have (2 for the motor and 1 at 12v for fish finder).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 w/ I-pilot questions

If it is a 55lb motor it is a 12V motor and not a 24V.

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think bhile is correct, based on the Power Drive V2 models available on Minn Kota's website. 55lb thrust = 12 volt

Attachments

• Power Drive V2 chart.jpg
    Power Drive V2 chart.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 0

pikefisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like a good deal I would want to take it out. see the set up the owner has, if not shure on voltage look at set up, or get a gauge and check I would want to see it work before I put six hundred dollars on used electric stuff.