1982 3.0L/400ss Stern drive I/O Runs but floor is toast

Mousejockey

Seaman Apprentice
Not sure what to do really, The motor runs good but needs some carb work i believe, had the drive rebuilt a few years ago for 1.5k, was going to redo the floor in the boat (rotted) but now Im wondering if Id have as much into that as just getting another boat? If so what would one expect to reasonably get for the motor/drive in central Calif?

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1982 3.0L/400ss Stern drive I/O Runs but floor is toast

Your probably looking at replacing the stringers, transom and the deck. This could cost you what you just spent on having the drive rebuilt, and that's if you do all the work yourself.
Depends on what this particular boat means to you.

BonairII

Commander

Probably wouldn't hurt to post a pic of what you have. The glasses experts here will advise you from there.

Friscoboater

Captain

Been there done that a few times. Checkout some of my work in my sig. It will give you a good idea what a rotten deck means.

Mousejockey

Seaman Apprentice

Yea, Ive been over the repair process through several threads, thats whats got me where I am at this time. I dont have a "love" for this boat, and the amount of work and cost of the repairs just arent adding up to me. Thinking of putting it on CL either as a project for another, or parts for the OMC crowd. Thing is I have no clue what a fair price for it would be.