Missing out at mid range and top end

D770055

Recruit
I have a 2004 Yamaha 4 stroke that was missing out at low end 1000 - 2000 rpm first timeout this year but ran okay at 5500 rpm top end
I drained about 15 gallons of old fuel and replaced it with 89 octane to top off tank total of 32 gallons and replaced fuel filter
I had a hard time getting primer bulb hard finally loosened filter ring and got it pumped up
Motor started fine and idled okay but the kept missing all through low end range and lacked power out of the hole and topped out at 4700 with lack of power it lacked power all through. The total throttle range and there was a gas smell at idle
I pulled the plugs and they look good
This motor has 1200 hours on it and has been serviced every 100 hours by a yamaha dealer for all required matainence
It has always run great till now
Any ideas
Lance

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Missing out at mid range and top end

2004 F???? Gotta know which engine

D770055

Recruit
Re: Missing out at mid range and top end

I have a 2004 Yamaha 4 stroke that was missing out at low end 1000 - 2000 rpm first timeout this year but ran okay at 5500 rpm top end
I drained about 15 gallons of old fuel and replaced it with 89 octane to top off tank total of 32 gallons and replaced fuel filter
I had a hard time getting primer bulb hard finally loosened filter ring and got it pumped up
Motor started fine and idled okay but the kept missing all through low end range and lacked power out of the hole and topped out at 4700 with lack of power it lacked power all through. The total throttle range and there was a gas smell at idle
I pulled the plugs and they look good
This motor has 1200 hours on it and has been serviced every 100 hours by a yamaha dealer for all required matainence
It has always run great till now
Any ideas
Lance
It is a f150 four stroke