Adding a Bimini top, Cover options?

Trooper583

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys, I have a 95 Rinker 212 OB and I am thinking about adding a bimini top this year. I have custom made 1 piece cover that came with the boat. If/when I install a bimini top, I am either going to have to have a new cover made to allow the bimini mounts to stay in place with the cover on, OR possibly have my cover modified to accept the new mounts (if this is possible). A third option is to take the bimini on and off every time i use the boat and put the cover on. The third option seems pretty unattractive for obvious reasons. I am wondering if my of my fellow Iboaters have ever addressed an issue like this. I think that it might possible to modify my cover since it snaps to the hull all the way down just past the rub rail. Thoughts? Thanks in advance

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Adding a Bimini top, Cover options?

Sure have , have the cover modified, a local shop can do it for you.

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Your current cover might still fit with the bimini laying down. Depend on how you fit your new bimini. But i would look at having your current cover modified before i popped for a entire new custom cover.

jbetzelb

Petty Officer 1st Class

I take the bimi off. A bit of a pain but it only adds a few minutes to the effort.