Hey guys from BC on the coast

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer
Sometime this summer the wife and I are loading up the dogs in our school bus/camper conversion and taking a one way trip west.
We want to live in our camper year round so we will be looking for a spot where we can park and not be bothered, maybe close to a marina where I could get a job fixing boats or whatever.
Anywhere north of Vancouver, like from Powel river up to Prince Rupert is fine. Or on an island...
It's our plan for living semi retired ;)

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Hey guys from BC on the coast

So, this is retirement EH LOL??

What are you looking to do full time or part time work?
What skill sets do you have?
There are a ton of out of the way communities on the islands and mainland, Prince Rupert just released news that there will be a mega buck upgrade to the container terminal.

Drop in on your way through Salmon Arm.

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hey guys from BC on the coast

I was a truck driver by trade untill I had my heart attack and got diabetes... but I'm mechanicaly inclined and can do all right from small engines to the big diesels. I do some welding, plumbing, electrical and did some framing and ran heavy equipment at times.
But I can't do 10-12 hour days anymore... even 8 hrs 5 days a week is hard on my system.
Just a few years ago I was doing 80hrs a week for months on end but not anymore.
Thing is not doing anything is just as hard if not harder.
So it's going to be semi-retirement ;)
I fugure if I can find a lodge that needs a handyman or a little marina that needs a bit of a helper.
I'm realy looking forward to this trip because I have been across this continent from north to south and coast to coast but always looking through the windshield of a semi.
I'm looking forward to being able to stop where and when I want for as long as I want just to smell the roses and take in the scenery.
This time it will take me weeks to cross the country instead of days.