What Boat Do I Own?

sefarm

Recruit
Hey all. Anyone have any idea what kind of boat I own? I have attached a pic.

Attachments

• DSC00958 (2).jpg
    DSC00958 (2).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 0

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What Boat Do I Own?

You guys are brutal! :laugh:

sefarm

Recruit

Thanks, Tazrig. I'll check that lead out. I also have a guy stopping by today to have a look at it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What did the paper work say? You did get papers, didn't you? Is she a woodie? Looks like she could be a good looking classic.

BTW - :welcome: aboard.

sefarm

Recruit

@GA_Boater:

The boat came with the farm property that I bought, so no papers, etc. The son-in-law of the prior (and now deceased) owner of the land (and boat) said that he had got it from a relative, if I recall. It is wood, has been under cover, and the hull looks sound.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I don't know where you are, but check with whoever titles/licences boats in your area. Some places are difficult to legally take ownership with out all the proper papers. I wouldn't drop any money in her until you know you for sure.

Just on the off chance that you didn't know.. after a certain date, HIN #'s were embedded on the upper corner on the right rear transom. They provide Mfg'er and build date. hopefully your hull is new enough to have it.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

this is a rare case where you can probably use the "abandoned boat" or "storage lien" process. You proceed as if the previous owner left it there and won't remove it. You go through the notice process (which he ignores) you have an auction (where you are the only bidder) then you can get a title. CHECK YOUR STATE REGS ON THIS. You have to comply with YOUR state exactly. Ignore what I told you unless you are blessed to live in Virginia.

you can't use this process if you buy a boat with no title and pretend some stranger parked it on your land. Depending on YOUR STATE regs it might work.

saumon

Lieutenant

Those are known as "Project boats", aka "Money pit"...:D