Gamefisher 7.5 worth fixing?

mclothier3

Seaman Apprentice
I have a Gamefisher (Sears) 7.5 I got in a package deal a couple years ago. The thing is missing the motor cover, and built in fuel tank and no telling what else. After I got it... I did fill the float bowl with fuel and it did run. Just wondering if its worth saving or ?

I did see the Sears site has a few parts, but it also looks like they dont have a lot of what Im missing. Besides... if they had a fuel tank and cover, Im sure it would cost way more then what I paid for the whole deal. Anybody know of other sources for parts?

If I cant get it put back together... I was thinking of selling it for parts, any idea what its worth?

smallboat2_zpsbfefd31d.jpg

mclothier3

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Gamefisher 7.5 worth fixing?

Im toying with a couple of ideas... one, use a lawnmower type fuel tank and find a way to mount it to the engine. or from what I understand these motors also had the capability of running a remote tank?

How does that work? it don't have a fuel pump that I know of. And without a fuel pump wouldn't it have to be gravity fed?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Are you sure it doesn't have a fuel pump? Does it have a pump bladder in the carburetor mounting flange? Does it have connector for a remote tank hose to pug on? I kind of doubt it ever had a self contained tank, but could be mistaken.

mclothier3

Seaman Apprentice

F_R...
Reading your reply got me to do some more investigating, it appears that it DOES have a fuel pump, and at one time it had the connector to attach a remote tank, previous owner removed it for some reason. And it never had the on board fuel tank (I think the older ones did, and that's what threw me off)

I also found ebay user eskaman2008 has a good selection of parts. If I ever get caught up with my other projects, I might tackle this one. I have seen these for sale locally for $300 (dont know if they are actually selling though) figured even for parts its worth at least $100.

Thanks for the help!

gm280

Supreme Mariner

It seriously looks like a Tecumseh (actually an Indian Name) air cooled lawn mower engine that they rigged an attachment to the output shaft to drive a lower gear setup for use in water. Parts for the actual engine portion should be fairly easy to locate. Not so sure about the lower section though... Hope you do get it cleaned up and working like you want. Make sure you post your progress along the way with some pictures too. I know I would like to see it and I'm sure others would also. Looks like a neat project...

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

I have one like it, and I have because there is no lighter 7.5 hp outboard in the world. That makes it easy to shove into the skiff in the back of the truck. Love that friggin thing. Lots of people hate'em 'cause they're noisy and they vibrate hard, but outboards don't get simpler than this.Yous looks like it's really low mileage. It will be a little quiter if you find a shroud, and quieter still if you put some acoustic damping material in it. There are much better places to get OEM parts, and aftermarket stuff can bite you in the duff. These guys are good for parts;

Results for ESKA - Sears / Ted Wms

Then there's the guys that bought up all things Tecumseh when they went tits up;

VinParts

Ya gotta call Certified Parts Corporation, maybe with numbers you get from a model# search done at the Sears Parts site.

Then there's these guys if you need serious expertise;

eskaoutboards : Eska Outboards Group

You lower unit was made by Eska, and it likes plain-jane 90 wt gear oil. I'd put a new pump impeller in it, a new fuel pimp element, and a new needle and seat, sneak a peek at the points, and I bet that sucker will shove your boat around for ever.