What is this plastic piece called

chadc880

Cadet
I am trying to find out what this plastic piece is called that is mounted in the back of the boat where the steering and fuel lines run throughimage.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: What is this plastic piece called

Or cable grommet.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

or the doohickey oops this was already said

81_chapparel194

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am trying to find out what this plastic piece is called that is mounted in the back of the boat where the steering and fuel lines run throughView attachment 184457

its a splashwell boot i just replaced mine..a word of advice though. get the split boot so that you dont have to un rig all your cables and hoses to install it. not promoting this site but this is a split boot..http://www.thmarine.com/products/Ri...-to-Engine-Rigging/Split-Cable-Boot-with-Ring u may even find them here on iboats. if you cant find a split boot you can split any boot they are only rubber. just need a sharp knife. unless you just WANT to unhook all cables but thats a P.I.T.A,

Cable & Hose Bezels - Dana Marine Products actually i see now the plastic piece is a bezel.. aquick search turned up these aluminum replacements..

chadc880

Cadet

Still haven't found it. The "boot" is for the newer steering cable setup. I have the old pulleys and cable system.

The billet website is nearly it but $20 +

I've got to be careful on how much I tie into this boat.

chadc880

Cadet

Tiller Rope Grommet

image.jpg

Now just got to find one 4 inch OD and 3 inch ID

cr2k

Captain

There is NO BOOT there, it is a grommet.