New to forum and new boat owner need some help

quigz

Cadet
Hi,
My name is Chris, I am a new boat owner and new to the forum. I have bought a 1984 Sea Ray SRV 210 cuddy. This boat is in great visual shape and has had some minor mechanical issues. I have tried to do some research on the boat but the thing that has confused me is that my boat has an OMC I/O components. If there is someone out there that has any knowledge or experience with these boats or components could you PLEASE!!!! Help me

Thanks,
Chris

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: New to forum and new boat owner need some help

Hi, and welcomne to iboats.

You can start here...

Evinrude

Click on any of the headings (Parts, Maintenance, Accessories, etc) and when you get to that page, click on the drop-down box in the upper left corner. It'll say Evinrude, but when you click on it, you'll see 'Sterndrive' as one of the options. Click on that, and you should be able to find what you need.

OMC was the parent company of OMC sterndrives; and Johnson and Evinrude outboard motors. Evinrude is the only remaining brand of the 'group', but the sterndrives are still (somewhat) supported.

Had you come here before you purchased, most of us would have warned you that your drive package is obsolete. There's no factory support for it. Parts and technical support are getting somewhat scarce. However, you should still be able to find what you need via numerous retailers and eBay.

You can post specific questions on the 'OMC' sub-forum right here. Good luck!