fuel pump and kit

bamasteeler

Cadet
1998 mercury 9.9 4 stroke s/n 0H014563
been trying to figure out what kit i would need to rebuild my fuel pump on my newly acquired merc and am at a loss. according to my s/n i know it says my carb is a "bodensee" so would figure my fuel pump would be a "bodensee" also but its not connected like the merc manual shows how a "bodensee" model would be connected. there is no lines running to the fuel pump other than the fuel inlet and outlet lines. i am assuming the other 2 connections are for water lines to cool the fuel but they are capped off by a previous owner. also the fuel pump doesnt look like any picture in the manual or on any parts site on the web.

so my question is what fuel pump is on my engine and what kit would i need to get to rebuild it? is it necessary to have the other 2 lines connected to the pump for cooling purposes? i have attached pics of the pump installed on my engine and what the merc manual shows. cant see any numbers on the fuel pump so am at a loss right now. any help is much appreciated. thankspump.jpgphoto (2).JPG

bamasteeler

Cadet
Re: fuel pump and kit

The page you are showing everything is NLA in my book. Going to the new bodensee book it only lists 1 pump and the associated parts. Here's a link and it include your erial number. http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...ON/4727.png&inbr=3999&bnbr=90&bdesc=Fuel+Pump

looking at that link, even that fuel pump doest show the other tw0 connections coming off the body. and for the price of the diaphragms i could just about get a whole new fuel pump yikes!!!!

Laddies

Banned

It's not my price, sorry for bothering you. Attitude is everything on a form.

bamasteeler

Cadet

It's not my price, sorry for bothering you. Attitude is everything on a form.

my apologies if my response was misconstrued...i assure you there was no attitude towards you in it. your help is very much appreciated!! was just making a comment about the price of the diaphragms is all compared to overall price of the fuel pump. once again thanks for the link and assistence.