Looking for Yamaha decals, year 1979 85hp (or good photos)

creol

Cadet
Hello everyone, I'm helping out a buddy of mine who is renovating an old speedboat.
He has already scraped off the original decals from the cowling (the old stickers are a mess and not usable in any way anymore), without realizing that for an engine of that age, new decals are hard to find.

So: if you have access to a 1979 85hp Yamaha, I would appreciate if you could provide some good quality photos of it. We're going to redesign the decals on some software based on the photos.
The measurements aren't necessary: with the photos and the cowling we can figure the measurements out accurately enough.
We're looking for photos that show the cowling from every side, a shot of the sticker "1:50" near waterline, and if possible, a photo of the remote control sticker (should be some kind of red stripes on it).

Google image search didn't help out this time, which is a surprise to me. This is the type I'm looking for (the engine to the LEFT):
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/consumer/outboards/product/story/epoch/85a/img/h2_part2.jpg

BR,
Tatu from Finland

EDIT: have been searching from ebay plus every decals store online I could find, zero results..

extreme01

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Looking for Yamaha decals, year 1979 85hp (or good photos)

there are a few guys on ebay that do reproduction decals shoot one of them an email bet they could do it

creol

Cadet
Re: Looking for Yamaha decals, year 1979 85hp (or good photos)

Thanks for your reply. Yes there are people who do that, I'd just like to use local contacts in my neighborhood to avoid shipping costs... besides, the guys at ebay will also need photos if they don't have the exact decals in stock.. so I would still have the same photo question. Plus, I'm still having the option open to design the decals myself using photoshop or like, if the decals aren't too complicated (and photos provided are good enough).

I got one answer at another forum (yamaha-related) where the mod told me Yamaha didn't start importing outboards to USA until 1984 so this thread may be born dead... but since iboats reaches boating people from all over the world, I'm hoping some Yamaha-owner would notice this.

Actually, I don't necessarily need photos of that exact model, if the decal style matches to the one I posted up there (the red-white-blue -one). Doesn't need to be 85hp either.