Transom blues

powerdbynemo

Recruit
QUESTION: HOW DO U FIX A CUT OUT . I MEEN SOME ONE http://forums.iboats.com/images/smilies/confused.gifCUT OUT AN AROUND THE MOTOR TO TAKE IT OFF:confused:DO U USE METAL ,FIBER GLASS ,WOOD. NOT FIRST RODEO BUT THIS BAD. NOPICS NEW COMP. ALSO NEW BOAT AN NEW TO THIS FORUM DONT HAVE A CAMERA .SOME THING U WOULD DO TO AN OLD BOAT TO GET PARTS BUT THIS ONE IN GREAT SHAPE TO BE THIS OLD 78 THUNDER CRAFT HERS THE KICKER BOUGHT THE BOAT AN TRAILER FOR WAIT FOR IT.........50$ bam holler back me pleez.:)

UncleWillie

Captain
Re: Transom blues

As hard as that is to read...

It sound like you bought a 1978 Thundercraft something boat and trailer for $50. (Title for both?)
The engine and drive were salvaged from the Transom with a Saws-All and you want to repair it.
As a newbie you are looking at 1-2 years of work and 5-10,000 dollars.

Sell the trailer for $75 and scrap the boat. It was already scraped! And don't look back!

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Transom blues

Someone either cut the outboard off because they stole it, or because they wanted to remove it and prefer using saws to wrenches...

I'm with UncleWillie. You do not want this headache and walletache.

But... to answer your question, you repair it with wood (transom), and fiberglass (skin)... And a bunch of $$$, and a whole bunch of time.