Butt Ugly Doos

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Just got back from the boat show. Just window shopping, but it wouldn't be the first time I traded for a new one that really grabbed me. We've had many SeaDoos over the years, ands lots of experience with Yamis as well.

The new doos look like a cheap plastic toy. They have eliminated all the storage space (used to be the largest on the market). OTOH, they have added many nice features thast should make them a joy to drive. I just wouldn't be caught dead on one....LOL.

Looks like a Kawi may be in my future. They have actually gone the other way in aesthetics.

Just venting...

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Butt Ugly Doos

Yes Jim, I just traded my old GTI for a Yammi. It's sweet !!! Got to admit though, that 4-tech motor was bulletproof, but then, it wasn't supercharged !!!:)

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Yes Jim, I just traded my old GTI for a Yammi. It's sweet !!! Got to admit though, that 4-tech motor was bulletproof, but then, it wasn't supercharged !!!:)

My son had a SC GTX. Alongside my NA GTX I couldn't really see the advantage. Out of the hole we would go neck to neck up to about 50 MPH, and then he would inch ahead. For the extra fuel he used I don't think it was worth it.

You'll like the Yammi - its bulletproof too.

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have done a TON of research on all three of the major manufactures and this is what I ahve concluded:

1 - Seadoo: Most high-tech, lots of moving parts and technology. Funky looking. Confusing model selection. Genrally best handling. Highest maint cost and lowest reliability but still pretty good.

2 - Yamaha: Much more clean looking. Bullet-proof. Only brand with a ground-up marine motor. Model selection can be a bit confusing, but easier than Seadoo. 1.8L motor is killer! Very fast even NA. The NA's are easy to work on and have lower maint costs then the Seadoos.

3 - Kawasaki: Has stuck to a basic concept. Only three models to select from and all use same motor, though the top-end is a 300 hp sc model. Of all the machines, I think the Ultra LX is by far the best family ski on the market.

Thats my $0.02