swim platform width feedback please

JackBronson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am going to put a full-width teak swim platform on the back of my 19' 25 year old fiberglass Starcraft bow rider (the boat has an out drive). The transom is 84" wide.

I haven't purchased anything yet, and will be picking up something used to match the used appearance of my boat and to keep the cost down. Wanted to get opinions from the folks here about how narrow the platform could be before it looks lame. In other words, on my 84" wide boat would a platform with 10" distance from the end of the platform to the end of the transom look goofy? 6"? 12"? How wide a platform should I be shooting for?

Thanks in advance to all who reply without derision!

rojoc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: swim platform width feedback please

I am going to put a full-width teak swim platform on the back of my 19' 25 year old fiberglass Starcraft bow rider (the boat has an out drive). The transom is 84" wide.

I haven't purchased anything yet, and will be picking up something used to match the used appearance of my boat and to keep the cost down. Wanted to get opinions from the folks here about how narrow the platform could be before it looks lame. In other words, on my 84" wide boat would a platform with 10" distance from the end of the platform to the end of the transom look goofy? 6"? 12"? How wide a platform should I be shooting for?

Thanks in advance to all who reply without derision!

I also own a starcraft, 1988 22' offshore fisherman. I purchased a used teak swim platform two years ago. It was on craigslist . If I remember correctly I paid about $100. Came with brackets and installation was simple. Best $100 I ever spent on this boat! Size 18" X 80". I see them often on craigslist. Various prices. Good luck.

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

I would keep it close to the width of your transom for looks, You get it too small and it will look like an add on - Believe me, You can never have too much real estate back there.

LK

Here is a pic of the factory one on my old boat - Couple inches from the edges and it was none too big.
bt-5.jpg

cr2k

Captain

Start with a piece of cardboard and keep trimming it until it look lame.