Wanting to buy a manual. What do I have? L115GLEOS

curtis45

Seaman Apprentice
Hi, I am looking to buy a service manual for my motor. It is a 1995 L115GLEOS. I have been looking but am a little confused as I don't know what I have really. I see talk of cross-flow and looper. What do I have and what is the difference? I see manuals for 90 degree CV. I guess what I am getting at is what manual am I looking for. Thank you for all your input.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wanting to buy a manual. What do I have? L115GLEOS

From your Evinrude model number, you have the newer, 60-degree looper version. I believe the GL model put out slightly more hp than it's factory rating of 115. A nice engine. Check out this website: outboardbooks.com Ken Cook make all the factory manuals-from Milwaukee. You can check out the exploded factory parts diagrams for your engine at: epc.brp.com Those diagrams make a nice complement to the factory service manual.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

you need:

1995 Evinrude Johnson Factory Service Manual 90 175 HP 60LV | eBay

I dont know that the GL( intruder and fast strike) motors had more HP, but they had a higher rpm range!

I dont know if they made a model with your #, I am betting you are misreading the first letter, it usually starts with the first letter of the maker..in your case "J" for johnson

ie: J115XXXXX

bob

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Actually, the Evinrude online factory parts lists show that exact model number: L115GLEOS for 1995. Possible it was a "special" -sold through a 3rd party such as: Tracker Marine, etc.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

Actually, the Evinrude online factory parts lists show that exact model number: L115GLEOS for 1995. Possible it was a "special" -sold through a 3rd party such as: Tracker Marine, etc.

good catch, I didnt use the evinrude site to look up the model #s, but i guess that might happen often where a boat maker wants the motor cover with their name on it...

I have seen the foriegn models # with anothe rletter before the E or J

funny the site i use doesnt show an X gear case lengths in the G series( intruder-fast strike)

bob

curtis45

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you all for the replies. The comment about it being sold through a "special" third party is probably spot on as it is the original motor that come on a Lund 1775. The entire motor is painted to match the paint scheme of the boat. Heading to ebay to hopefully buy the manual you turned me on to. Thanks again guys. This site never disappoints.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Likely we now know where the "L" prefix comes in! Likely the paint and decals are the only difference.