v192 floor rot

matsi

Recruit
our '86 imperial v192 has some rotten floor wood that <br />seems to be from the engine cover to about the rear <br />of the back seats, but only in the center section(over fuel tank).<br />everything else seems good? has anyone had a problem <br />like this? just trying to guess on how involved this <br />might be to fix. thanks for any help

wallbanger2

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: v192 floor rot

86 imp, if you search for rotted floor or deck on this site you will find many helpful posts. This doesn't seem to be too difficult of a project to undertake(I have to do it myself). Just make sure you read up, take your time, and ask if you feel like you are having a problem before you make a mistake that will cause you to have to redo something or fix something that was fine.

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: v192 floor rot

A floor isn't too bad. Possibly a weekend project. It will take as long to get everything you need as it will to do it in the average boat. But then again, my weekend transom prokect has been ongoing for about 5 months. That's one long weekend. My '76 boat had some surprises hiding under the floor in the way of mushy stringers.....but I had suspected as much. Make sure you check it all out while you have the floor up just to be sure.