Guess my weight

TRAILN

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm trying to get an estimate weight on boat and trailer.
16" long.
Let's hear your best estimates.

IMG00420.jpg

IMG00424.jpg

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Guess my weight

Why not supply make/model and year of boat/motor and trailer to get an accurate dry weight number?

gm280

Supreme Mariner

You could go to a truck stop and weight it and know for certain then...

TRAILN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The boat has been put away for the winter.
Specs: 1986 16' fiberglass Peterbourgh. 1986 Johnson 60hp. Galvanized trailer

Bondo

Staff member

I'm trying to get an estimate weight on boat and trailer.
16" long.
Let's hear your best estimates.

Ayuh,... Haul it to a quarry, or transfer site, or truck stop, 'n Weigh it, then there's no Guessin' necessary...

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Motor about 250#
NADA has nothing about the hull.
I guess they "were" made in Canada. Here's a link from this site. Maybe you can gather some info and research it more.. It appears the links in the thread are no longer valid.

http://forums.iboats.com/boat-topic...opics/who-makes-peterborough-boats-15929.html

Otherwise, find a scale as others recommended.....

Are you trying to figure out the total weight because you're looking for a tow vehicle?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Do I win the boat if I guess right. No then take it to a scale like ever one else.

TRAILN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks all. No prizes, sorry. I owe you one, lol
Just looking at replacing my towing vehicle. It has a little less towing capacity.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all. No prizes, sorry. I owe you one, lol
Just looking at replacing my towing vehicle. It has a little less towing capacity.

And what is a little less towing capacity?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

What tow vehicle (make, model, year, equipment) and what part of the country are you in? Trailer is about 500#, motor about 280#, boat about 1800#, 20 gallons of fuel about 120#, coolers, batteries, PFDs, and other stuf add about 150#. Looks like about 2650#. You are within the limit of 3500# but read the qualifications for the tow vehicle. Whatever you put INTO the vehicle may deduct from the maximum towable load. This all means that you may be at the top of the tow rating which does not make for a good combination. Do your research before pulling the trigger on the tow vehicle but I'm guessing you already have your mind made up. If you routinely make trips in the mountains or hilly terrain, that calls for more power or better gearing or both.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I"m putting in my guess at 1839 pounds not counting fuel. Motor is 250, trailer is maybe 300 to 400 max, and hull is 1189.

OP, i'm REALLY hoping you are planning on actually getting it weighed! No fun in making this a guessing game if nobody knows the actual real number.

TRAILN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What tow vehicle (make, model, year, equipment) and what part of the country are you in? Trailer is about 500#, motor about 280#, boat about 1800#, 20 gallons of fuel about 120#, coolers, batteries, PFDs, and other stuf add about 150#. Looks like about 2650#. You are within the limit of 3500# but read the qualifications for the tow vehicle. Whatever you put INTO the vehicle may deduct from the maximum towable load. This all means that you may be at the top of the tow rating which does not make for a good combination. Do your research before pulling the trigger on the tow vehicle but I'm guessing you already have your mind made up. If you routinely make trips in the mountains or hilly terrain, that calls for more power or better gearing or both.

Thanks for the tips.
Undecided between '13 Wrangler and '13 Escape. Both have max of 3500 lbs.
I don't tow very far,1-2 hr drives. Fairly flat terrain.

tpenfield

Staff member

There is a prize, right??? I'm going for 1882 lbs. dry.