Almost There '' I Can See The Sun ''

Ron Regan

Seaman Apprentice
Hello All<br />It has been a while now that I have been able to visit the forum.Work is just now slowing down for me. I was able to get the bottom of my boat repaired and painted.It has taken me about three days to sand and sand and sand and only sixty minutes to spray paint.I hope to flip the hull over this weekend and cut and glass all of the stringers and start flooring the boat.paint was very costly at $310.48 for three quarts and the poly resin is $28.00 gal.I did try something new to me.I have never used poly resin jelly before but it worked real well.It was real thick like bondo bodt filler with no runs but a lot of sanding.will try to post some pics. which will be at the bottom of my photo album.<br /> http:members.fishingworks.com/katbird/

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Almost There '' I Can See The Sun ''

Glossy.......lookin good. :cool:

BigDiesel

Seaman Apprentice

Kon,<br /><br />You have done an excellent job. Many kudos to you. You will have one sharp boat on your hands!<br /><br />Hydro

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

great job kon, I just lost an hour of my life looking at your assorted projects, great job on the boat, but dammit to hell, that 66 would have towed that boat to the ramp in record time ... but yer trade in is a **** sharp rig too ... and still a Ford, First On Race Day, lol<br /><br />One thing ... a Hundred bucks a QUART????<br /><br />Im taking my prepped hull to MAACO, lol, shoot it with auto enamel, she's gonna be a trailer queen anyway! (Delaware Bay fishing is here and there, fortesque is hot one week, brandywine the next, keeps the options open!)<br /><br />That tailgate girl looks like my ex, where do you live again? lol

jomac

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ron looks good :D what did you spray it with?

Ron Regan

Seaman Apprentice

I sprayey my boat with car paint. It is called Nitram and is a very hard urethane paint. I even tried to stratch it with a nail and could not break the surface. I used a super catalyst hardener which made it even harder and glossy as tile. It was the top of the line at napa auto parts. The paint was $55.00 a quart and the hardener was $82.50 a quart and the reducer was $38.00 a gal. and I also bought a couple gals. of lacquer thinner for clean up.The whole deal was around $340.00 but it is good paint. I would put it up against gel coat anytime. I think it is much harder than gel coat. I spent the week-end replacing the transon.Workong with fiberglass really makes a mess.I mixed on batch and could not work fast enough. I found out fast that you cannot sip beer while working with fiberglass.I have ordered some 2 part foam and it should be here today.Maybe I can get the stringers cut and glassed in and then pour foam this weekend .will try and post more pics.