Looking to rebuild a Sportsman Galvinized Trailer

Blake0912

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1987 Sportsman Galvinized Tandem trailer that I'm looking into replaceing the axels/hubs/springs/new tires ETC the trailer frame itself is in great shape and the bunks/ubolts have recently been replaced.

Can anyone reccomend a good source to get the parts either online or in the Houston area? I know McClain trailers here in Houston will sell the parts but was just seeing if I could find some better prices online , also looking for a ballpark price on the axels/hubs/springs. Thank You.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Looking to rebuild a Sportsman Galvinized Trailer

Champion is great as mentioned, eastern marine is also great and your local tractor supply or nothern tool also stock a lot of trailer parts. I got an axle for mine at tractor supply.

Blake0912

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the information I'll look into all of it.
From the prices I found on the site to do everything I want to make the trailer sound it will cost about 1k in parts.

robert graham

Admiral

Northern Tools is a franchise that carries lots of trailer items...Google: Northern Tools Houston for your nearest store...good luck!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the information I'll look into all of it.
From the prices I found on the site to do everything I want to make the trailer sound it will cost about 1k in parts.

This is why I won't rehab another trailer. Did it once, won't again. A brand new trailer for my boat just isn't really THAT expensive.

Blake0912

Petty Officer 1st Class

@ ezmobee thats what I was thinking , l got a quote a few weeks back for a new aluminum for 2250 and galvinzed was right at 2k so really getting a brand new trailer would be a better option than trowing 1k into a 20+ year old trailer.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

@ ezmobee thats what I was thinking , l got a quote a few weeks back for a new aluminum for 2250 and galvinzed was right at 2k so really getting a brand new trailer would be a better option than trowing 1k into a 20+ year old trailer.

I would have thought aluminum would have commanded more of a price premium. That's not bad!