new parts only firing on 3 cylinders 1998 e200txecm

jjhjrcmh

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Good afternoon, I have been slowly putting the motor back together weather permiting. I pulled the heads and found sand packed into water passage's. Cleaned them all out, checked walss (Mechanic checked) all good. Replaced head gaskets, power pak, coils, plugs, new wires rebuilt carbs, replaced fuel lines, new pump ball new fuel (wow expensive) checked compression before running at all at 95 psi before warming up. Question? it is only running on 3 cylinders. Started several times and twice it ran on 6 then droped to 3 of them. If the temp sensors were bad should an alarm go off? I have checked the manual and kinda stumped. Weather is finally warming and I need it running. Spark is excellent on the 3 running cylinders. I thought if it drops like that it is in slow mode.Please the motor is a 1998 200hp ocean pro not a 1994 like someone suggested.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: new parts only firing on 3 cylinders 1998 e200txecm

What cyl's are firing ??

jjhjrcmh

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1,3,5 are firing. Could the timing trigger be causing this. I put a used one on last summer. It fired at first and the idle went haywire then tried adjusting while running and couldnt get it to change.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

It could also be the stator. Go to CDI Electronics.com and look up the trouble shooting procedures. That way you don't have to guess at what's wrong. Guessing=$$$$.

jjhjrcmh

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If a magnet shifts will that cause one bank not fire or be intermitin firing? Asking because as the guide says check magnets so I removed flywheel and found one shifted and with a rubline in it and one with a corner brake off. Replacing them but just wondering. CDI trouble guide is great. I suggest printing off and keep with your MANUAL.