To everyone in the starcraft forum I have been green with envy for a long time.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Sooooo

I have always loved the lines of the Starcraft Supersport and from my first time on Iboats viewing EZombees, resto thread I have been jealous.

So I am no longer that way you all have beautiful boats.

Hopefully I will soon as of last night I am now the proud owner of a Starcraft supersport, an 18 footer if I am correct.

Powered by a 115 Jonnyrude. She is a field boat complete with rotten transom floors and seat.

My plan is to take her back to original. I am sure my resto won't be nearly as good as what you all have done but hopefully she will be pretty when I am done.

Without further delay and for your viewing pleasure.

20130222_210939_zps2fe46a55.jpg

20130222_210848_zps40407a88.jpg

20130222_210939_zps2fe46a55.jpg

The whole package cost me $900

Last edited:

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: To everyone in the starcraft forum I have been green with envy for a long time.

Congrats! Sounds like a nice deal! Welcome aboard

dozerII

Admiral
Re: To everyone in the starcraft forum I have been green with envy for a long time.

Welcome to the Starmada Sig:welcome: Looks like a great project. I too love the SS's. Looking forward to daylight photos and following your refit.
PS good deal as well, does it run?

SigSaurP229

Commander

Welcome to the Starmada Sig:welcome: Looks like a great project. I too love the SS's. Looking forward to daylight photos and following your refit.
PS good deal as well, does it run?

Compression is ok and it turns over fine, as far as running I have no clue, I am not going to try to run it until i can inspect it but I would imagine that with the birds nest inside the cowl I am going to have some wiring to trouble shoot.

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats on the ss and welcome to the addiction. Now, about that second and the third one you are going to purchase.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good deal, Sig. Did you find her or the PO called from your boat wanted ad? I take it the motor wiring leaves something to be desired. More pics, buddy. We love 'em and welcome to the Mob.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

EZee's boat is pretty sweet, North Beach's Liquid Limo hooked me. I always say "come for the boats stay for the people". Sometimes I say "winner, winner, chicken dinner". And sometimes I say "GAME ON".

18' outboard SS, is a real score. Good luck.

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome. Great boat and great deal. What year do you think she is? You've got seats and everything in yours! Are they keepable or is that on your list of things to get. Keep us posted. Nothing like fresh meat. Good luck.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Congrats on the ss and welcome to the addiction. Now, about that second and the third one you are going to purchase.

HEHE oh I have already had 3 at once two fish and ski's and the pontoon.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Good deal, Sig. Did you find her or the PO called from your boat wanted ad? I take it the motor wiring leaves something to be desired. More pics, buddy. We love 'em and welcome to the Mob.

This is the one from the original ad, with the starcraft for sale the one everyone chastised me about not going to get immediately :)

I ended up calling the owner back yesterday after clearing it all with the admiral. We met in the middle at $900 and kept the old tire in the boat.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Welcome. Great boat and great deal. What year do you think she is? You've got seats and everything in yours! Are they keepable or is that on your list of things to get. Keep us posted. Nothing like fresh meat. Good luck.

I believe she is a 1985.

wheeldriver

Seaman

Sig

Just had to say congratulations and thank you for saving the life of a field boat, you sir are a true Starmadatarian. Good luck with the project and keep the enthusiasm.

GA_Boater

This is the one from the original ad, with the starcraft for sale the one everyone chastised me about not going to get immediately :)

I ended up calling the owner back yesterday after clearing it all with the admiral. We met in the middle at $900 and kept the old tire in the boat.

Now you know the Mob knows best. :D If you hit it hard you can be floating by, maybe say, St. Paddy's day. :)

64osby

Admiral

Nice to have the Admiral on board. Sounds like a great project. Congrats. :whoo::clap2: :victorious:

SigSaurP229

Commander

EZee's boat is pretty sweet, North Beach's Liquid Limo hooked me. I always say "come for the boats stay for the people". Sometimes I say "winner, winner, chicken dinner". And sometimes I say "GAME ON".

18' outboard SS, is a real score. Good luck.

That was the deal sealer for me, I have seen a few i/o but I don't want the added extra maintenance of an I/o.

No time for pics but will get a few more soon,

I am installing a wood stove in the shop so that I won't freeze when working on her.

Projected splash date is 04/01/14

SigSaurP229

Commander

Now you know the Mob knows best. :D If you hit it hard you can be floating by, maybe say, St. Paddy's day. :)

I don't know man I am pretty sure she needs about 3k of work before she can be launched. I was closer to St. Patty's day 2014.

I knew the mob knows best but, I wanted the best deal I could get and holding out another 4 days saved me $100. (though I was biting my nails the whole 4 days).

I did sell the ski boat too, the original buyer backed out at the last second I posted a new ad on c/l and actually sold it for $1250 I laid the hundreds on the table an texted a picture to the wife she was THRILLED.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Nice to have the Admiral on board. Sounds like a great project. Congrats. :whoo::clap2: :victorious:

I have an awesome wife who says sometimes if it weren't for projects she doesn't know how we would still be together.

We have been married for about 7 years and I have seen her swing a hammer and bust pallets with me.

SigSaurP229

Commander

I guess its time to move to the resto forum as I am now only 3 hours in and already have questions

GA_Boater

PM Ezmobee and he can move it. Or you could just start a fresh thread in the Starcraft or resto section. We'll find ya. :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member

This is the one from the original ad, with the starcraft for sale the one everyone chastised me about not going to get immediately. I ended up calling the owner back yesterday after clearing it all with the admiral. We met in the middle at $900 and kept the old tire in the boat.
Great looking rig! Congrats! $900 is a deal!

Sounded like it was calling your name when you posted it elsewhere :watermelon: and garnered the chastising. :)