relays

67firebird

Cadet
I recently removed the console on my 19 ft stratos center console to repair some fibergass. when I removed this section I had to disconnect all the wiring and steering/ shift from the console. I now have it back mounted on the boat and most of the wiring re connected. But there are 2 relays there where the wiring harness comes thru the floor that I dont remember what was on 1 side of them. I only disconnected 1 side of the wires on the relays when I removed the wiring harness. They arent to my tilt trim cause it works ok. What would they go to? bilge pump, livewell aerator.Its been 5 months since I done it so I am not sure how I should reconnect them.:eek: Thanks for any input

Re: relays

like bubba said there for large loads like the stereo, amp, lights or they are used where you have more than one control point like bow switchs. pictures would realy help as well as the terminal numbers where wires are still landed including colors and where wires are missing (that will tell us how many wires are missing and will give a idea of what they were connect to). also list any wires including colors that are unhook in the general area.

67firebird

Cadet

I neglected to say the boat has a 12/24 volt trolling motor and 3 batteries. It had a perko battery switch on it also and 1 terminal had a short red 12 ga wire on it. I will try to get a picture up, know that would help.

I neglected to say the boat has a 12/24 volt trolling motor and 3 batteries. It had a perko battery switch on it also and 1 terminal had a short red 12 ga wire on it. I will try to get a picture up, know that would help.

the short red is normally used to power the fuse panel as thats on the common terminal that can be switched to diffrent batteries.

pics pics pics we love pics

67firebird

Cadet

trying to add pictures. could these be circuit breakers and not relays. both wires seem to go to the motor.

Attachments

• 100_2839.JPG
    100_2839.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2840.jpg
    100_2840.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2841.jpg
    100_2841.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2842.JPG
    100_2842.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2843.JPG
    100_2843.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 0

same as my stratos the self reseting breakers are joined in a block with a copper bar on one side as the main feed.

67firebird

Cadet

So do I just attach a hot wire to each breaker? 1 breaker has a heavy gauge red wire on it and I was able to trace it back thru wiring harness to the motor but then it gets lost, no idea what it goes to, sure would hate to fry something

no easy ans to that unless you remember removing them. on mine theres a block under the dash and they all bolt to a cooper rail (buss) but your may be diffrent. seriously time to buy a volt meter and work out what they are attached to