Advise for making a casting platform with flush mount seats

TheHookUp

Cadet
I recently removed the stern livewell and casting platform (pictured) and am brainstorming on replacing the previous platform with some seats that mount flush as seen on many new rigs. Are there any threads out there with this already done? Does anyone have a pictures with how they did theirs or where to get seats that fold flat to use? Ill try to include a picture of what I am looking for. Thanks for any input.
downsized_0520121845.jpgdownsized_0520121845a.jpgflush seats.jpg

tfitch03

Seaman
Re: Advise for making a casting platform with flush mount seats

I have no experience with this but seems like you would want to buy your seat cushions first so you can build your platform with the proper dimensions. I think that would be a great addition/modification!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I wanted to do something similar with my boat but the engineering proved more than what I was capable of. I never saw any pre-made fold flat seats. I had thought about disassembling a regular folding seat and trying to make something. I just ended up building a box for the center and putting a jump seat on either side. http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/New Boat/IMG_0488.jpg

TheHookUp

Cadet

I wanted to do something similar with my boat but the engineering proved more than what I was capable of.]

Thanks fitch and ez for the feedback. Ez, if it was too much for you than I am doomed. Your reply prompted me to look at your starcraft restorations, excellent work by the way, and cool to see we share one of the same watering holes ( i believe some of the pics you were running in lake clarke?) Anyway, Ive got a couple ideas on how to get this done but it is gonna take a back seat (figuratively) to the paint job and new motor install first. Nothing will make you smile like a new etec in the mailbox!, just dont seem right to put it on a boat with faded paint and susquehanna slime all over it. Wish me luck, gonna start preping the hull today.

TheHookUp

Cadet

1964 - thanks for digging for that seat frame, but it is not quite what I am looking for. Looks like Ill have to custom make something either by upholstering myself or building what I want around an existing seat ( more likely ). Just have to find one that folds flat or at least close to it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks fitch and ez for the feedback. Ez, if it was too much for you than I am doomed. Your reply prompted me to look at your starcraft restorations, excellent work by the way, and cool to see we share one of the same watering holes ( i believe some of the pics you were running in lake clarke?) Anyway, Ive got a couple ideas on how to get this done but it is gonna take a back seat (figuratively) to the paint job and new motor install first. Nothing will make you smile like a new etec in the mailbox!, just dont seem right to put it on a boat with faded paint and susquehanna slime all over it. Wish me luck, gonna start preping the hull today.

Not sure how I missed this reply from the other day. Anyway, I boat at Goldsboro, Lake Clarke, and Conowingo (my uncle has a cottage there). I also head out to Raystown occasionally or down to the bay. What boat do you have and what motor did you buy? I'd LOVE a new Etc 130 for my boat.

TheHookUp

Cadet

2013-02-22 16.32.01.jpgI have a 1994 Crestliner, Ill upload a pic of what it looked like up until last weekend. Usually I am flying an american flag over the transom. Most of my march, april, and may boating is done on the Chesapeake bay or Delaware river chasing stripers but as that slows down towards june we are on Lake Clarke, Lake aldred, blue marsh, and love getting away to Raystown too. Would like to venture up to goldsboro and/or conowingo pond but am timid not knowing where the rocks are. Got rid of my 14ft rock finder that learned me a lot about where to and not to go on the susquehanna. Bought a 2013 150hp evinrude on ebay last month with all the rigging and guages and am having Reading boat works install that for me when I get done painting. Boat will probably be flat black next time you see me, hopefully on the water. Which boat are you usually in? -bryan2013-02-25 14.20.02.jpg here is what it looks like right now. Gonna start painting this weekend or next.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Wow that boat is going to flat out fly with that 150! My boat is this one: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/New Boat/IMG_1134.jpg

I've never done Aldred and like you would be concerned about not knowing where the rocks are there. Conowingo is big, easy, and well worth the trip. From about a mile up-river from Peach Bottom nuclear all the way down to the dam is completely open and deep. Just don't go up where the islands are without knowing where you're going. The ramp at Peach Bottom (Lay Rd.) is steep but wide and nice. That's where I'd recommend you put in. You should definitely check it out. Goldsboro might not be worth messing with for you from the Lancaster side. The ramp there is up-river in the rocks. The PFBC ramp on the York side is decent and it's pretty open from that down to the dam.