Recording audio from a YouTube link?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Is this possible? Is there a format it should be recorded to for purposes of copying it to a CD or DVD for later replay on a computer?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Recording audio from a YouTube link?

If you just google "youtube to mp3" there are tons of web site that will do it for you. Just enter the youtube URL and click a button and it churns for a sec and then gives you an MP3 download link. Works great, I do it all the time.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

I must of have hit it luckly one day. Every music video I selected had a click option to down load the song. So I down load a lot of older classic rock music. Since that time they must have removed that down load option because I never seen it again...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sure is. You can do the download with this: YTD Video Converter. I use the free version.

And here is a tutorial on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4RJqzOJZpc

For sound only, convert it to MP3.

I downloaded the converter and am now listening to Tex Williams singing Smoke, Smoke, Smoke that cigarette from my hard drive! Thanks. I wanted to copy this to a CD to give to a friend who smokes like a chimney.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Works great, I do it all the time.
I was doing this a couple of years ago and I found the sound quality to be lacking. I believe I noticed smaller file sizes per song which would indicate they are lower quality as well, right?