Opinions on 2008 Kawasaki 800sxr

lbzpower

Cadet
Hello, I've been in the jetski/ boating world for a few years now and know enough to get by but my no means know it all. I am looking at purchasing a 2008 Kawasaki 800sxr, the machine is stock and has been freshwater run only and is in flawless condition. I know very little about kawasaki PWC's and am just looking for some opinions on reliability and quality on this particular machine. Also curious as to how close the NADA values really are???

Thanks in advance

CJ River Rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Opinions on 2008 Kawasaki 800sxr

You should perhaps post this question on Green Hulk or PWC Today. You'll find more pwc stand-up riders there as they are more passionate about the machines than the average sit-down rider/cruiser.

jafo9

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Opinions on 2008 Kawasaki 800sxr

nada is a waste. the SXR's have held their value pretty well, particularly fresh unmolested versions. the SXR vs. SuperJet debate can rage on for years with no clear winner. bottom line, its a great ski with tons of aftermarket support. one reason the price has stayed on the high side is that they stopped making them in 2011. yamaha still makes the SJ for racing only. hydrospace is the only stand up that can be bought for recreational riding. they are very expensive and 4 stroke.

i agree with the above statement that pwctoday or the x are better forums if you are looking for stand-up advice.