purchasing a seadoo for the first time

fosdogg

Recruit
hello everyone.I have been a boat owner for years but am thinking of getting into the pwc side of things.I am considering one of the two seadoo wave boats due to my daughters love of wakeboarding.would you recommend the 155 or 215 or is their another brand u would recommend more.Looking used unless its not recommended.Also looking for a used sturdy second machine for beginners as my wife and kids have never ridden before.
thanks

smclear

Chief Petty Officer
Re: purchasing a seadoo for the first time

OK, I'm not sure what you're looking for. "two seadoo wave boats" suggests a boat, but "second machine for beginners as my wife and kids have never ridden before" makes me think ski. As for the 155 vs 215, I can only say I've never heard anyone complain about "too much HP". I have heard complaints about "not having enough". I have a 150 speedster with the 215. I absolutely love it and have had no issues. Prior to 2008, the supercharged sea doo used ceramic clutch washers in the supercharger. When these fail (when, NOT if) they can destroy your engine depending on what you do immediately after the failure. Simple, and not to costly to change. For more on that issue, search on this forum,

GreenHulk Personal Watercraft Performance Forums

Yamaha superchargers (and '08 or newer sea doo) do not have those issues.

fosdogg

Recruit

Sorry for the confusion. Defiently looking for pwc not wave boats.

Martinis

Recruit

JUL193

Cadet

I work at the sea doo dealer here at the Lake of the Ozarks, the only downside to the 215 vs the 155 is the fact of the supercharger, like all superchargers they need to be rebuilt. If it is about the year of 2012 then it has to be rebuilt every 200 Hrs if before that its the first 100 hrs then every 200. This is the expensive side of the extra horse power, Both are great machines, if your PWC is the main source of skiing or wakeboard i wouldnt hesitate for the extra horse power. Hope this is helpful