Twin Tohatsu's with same high end Rpm end loss

rockroussel

Recruit
I have twin tohatsu-2000, model m90a's , and after thirty minutes of open water runnning the max rpm falls to low to mid 4,000.
The starboard engine started doing this first then the head gasket failed. I have cleaned the tanks and changed the old fuel line from the tanks to the motor, and fuel seperators. I purchased the boat from Tampa and think there maybe some cooling(corrosion) issue which is causing the engine to go into some safety mode? no alarms come on but the bolts were so frozen on the head that we needed to torch them off. Any thoughts ??
Thanks John

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Twin Tohatsu's with same high end Rpm end loss

If both engines are doing this it is unlikely that the problem is with the engine's. It's more likely that the fuel system is still the culprit.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Just for the record, what was the overall internal condition of pistons, water passages and cylinder head after 12 years of constant use ? Was head gasket dried out, excessive salt formation on water passages, carboned cylinder were found ?

Happy Boating

rockroussel

Recruit

Just for the record, what was the overall internal condition of pistons, water passages and cylinder head after 12 years of constant use ? Was head gasket dried out, excessive salt formation on water passages, carboned cylinder were found ?

Happy Boating

I'll let you know still have a couple of bolts to go......