boating fever

littlerayray

Lieutenant
i live in ontario my boats been starring at me all winter and for the past two weeks ive been waking up dreaming of being out on the water with the sun in my face and wind in my hair only to wake up and realize ive go snow in my face and a driveway to shovel so lets hear how you guys deal with your boating fever

meatyb

Seaman Apprentice
Re: boating fever

I'm in same "boat" but think of it this way. We're half way there lol. I've even just went out crawled under the cover and just imagined I'm out on the great blue fishing!! Some call it crazy but I call it dedication :)

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

i've had it for over a month now, starting to get mean, i try to pass time looking at boats, and working on the motors, doing research to be a better boater. i'm pulling the boat around front today, to get ready for that next warm day off:D

littlerayray

Lieutenant

well lately ive been shopping online for accessories and cleaning products so that when i take it out it looks as good as the day i bought it

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

LOL Dude your such a newb!!

Give it a couple seasons and you will be in your boat, in the driveway, with a sprinkler going in January...

I was last week too, kinda funny when the neighbors are taking pictures of their idiot neighbor in his shorts with 6" of snow on the ground sitting in the boat listening to kid rock "All summer long" a Corona in one hand and a wash rag in the other, couldn't use the detailing spray though it was still frozen....

littlerayray

Lieutenant

yeah well i would be out there cleaning it except it is buried in about five feet of snow and wearing shorts right now at minus 10 degrees centigrade is not an option

southkogs

Staff member

I miss snow sometimes ... but it's nice to know I can boat nearly ANYTIME.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

i think next winter im buying either a couple sleds or a couple fourwheelers that way i can take my mind off the boat lol

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Spring is on the way, the weather is starting to break here in WV we are having the rains and winds right now. In fact I hope to splash mine next week for the season. :D

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

hope all that snow will fill lakes and reserviors:joyous: i got the boat out of the back yard and in the driveway now, the battery is charged, now i just need a warm day, at this point i will call in sick:sick:

littlerayray

Lieutenant

if im right the rivers here in the spring will be at the highest they've been in about five years

montego man

Cadet

At least we're having a winter this year in Ontario. Hopefully the lake water will be up a bit. This winter I passed the time customizing my golf cart that I use around our marina. Toronto boat show, Hamilton boat show, London boat show, buying stuff....SPRING!!!

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

I have the fever too..... Just spent $2K on non-essential boat stuff over the last month or so. Idle hands are the devils workshop - and his workshop is my pocketbook.:facepalm:

h2odick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm in Southern California.. and I'm going stir crazy.. I cannot wait for summer.. sure i can take my boat out, go fishing and all that good stuff. However, I really enjoy when its 100f+ out, you can just stop middle of the lake.. jump out, cool off.. get back in, keep going.. beach the boat, barbeque..beers.. women..bikinis...boating..bikinis.... Did i mention bikinis, women, and beer? Think I'm gonna sit in the boat/driveway this weekend and make vrooom vrooom noises.. :D:D