hull value

25'bertram

Recruit
Im trying to findout the value of a 25' flybridge bertram hull it does have motors in her but boat has been on boat lift for three years hull is solid but need some work. I don't know if I should restore it or just sell it. Please help

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull value

It would help to have a Year and pics so we could ascertain the overall condition of the boat.

jbcurt00

Staff member

And details about the motor(s), size running, non-op, seized/locked up

Trailer?
General location, a 25' Bertram in mid-state WV won't have the same value as 1 in DC on/near the Chesapeake, particularly 1 w/out a trailer...

25'bertram

Recruit

It would help to have a Year and pics so we could ascertain the overall condition of the boat.
Sorry it is a 1981 as for picture I will take some in the next day or two but it not perfect shape. If this help the electronics hasn't been updated since 1996 the hull is faded and it needs new upoltry and the motors*haven't been started in three years. It needs to be restored I was hoping to get a rough idea

jbcurt00

Staff member

If for the purposes of sale, it is unlikely to turn a profit, even if the engines can be revived (not replaced) and the boat & trailer are free to you............

25'bertram

Recruit

And details about the motor(s), size running, non-op, seized/locked up

Trailer?
General location, a 25' Bertram in mid-state WV won't have the same value as 1 in DC on/near the Chesapeake, particularly 1 w/out a trailer...
It within two miles of the ocean on a boatlift in NC so it not in mid-state WV as for trailer it doesn't have one. Im just trying to get a rough value *

Bondo

Staff member

It within two miles of the ocean on a boatlift in NC so it not in mid-state WV as for trailer it doesn't have one. Im just trying to get a rough value *

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... What motors,..??

25'bertram

Recruit

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... What motors,..??
The straight 6s they are not locked up but im going to go change are the oil and change all the gas out before I try to even start it... I just don't know if I should do alot to it or just try to put it up forsale as a project for someone that's why im trying to get a rough value. I have two boats I use one for gouper fishing and one to run around the sound but I was thinking this one would be nice to make are island boat and just take my boys out fishing sometimes and save a lot on gas just play around with.....

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

You will never get your money back from doing a proper restoration on a boat like that. If you are going to be restoring it to use it then by all means. I have a 1976 23' formula that I have fully restored twice to new condition and am in the process of re-powering for the second time. The bottom line is they just don't build boats like yours any more. It is a classic, built like a tank and with ageless beauty. You have to make the decision, do I want a boat that was built when only quality mattered or do I want a boat that was designed and built only to meet a certain price. I hope you go forward with a full restoration. You own a true piece of marine history!