comander 2000

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Just wondering if any one knows what the travel distance of the gear shift cable should be on the motor end, mine is moving 1,1/2 in both directions and I believe that's about right but would like a second opinion.

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander
Re: comander 2000

Sounds about right to me. I belive that it realy depends on where the linkage stops are set on some motors also,WOT stops,Timming, Idle, and the motor setup itself. JMO
Oldman570

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Set the shifter in N. Take note of the position of the butterfly actuator on the side of the carburetor(s). Doesn't matter where it is, just make note of it. Move the shifter to F and all the way to firewall. Look at the actuator again. It should have moved approximately 90 degrees. If so, you are good to go. If not you aren't.

Mark

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

It acted like it didn't have enough travel. I even took the controller off and brought it into the warm to go back through it and it was fine, so took it back down today and reinstalled and its working fine. My only guess is in the cold some thing was in a bind or hanging up. I appreciate the responses. It was a lovely 15 degrees when I was working on it the other day.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I It was a lovely 15 degrees when I was working on it the other day.

Man that's what I call dedication. Congrats. However, if you don't fix em up when you can't go boating, you have to do it when you are supposed to be boating and man that sucks. So, looks like you gotta do what you gotta do. Glad you got her fixed.

Mark