Suitable towing hooks?

Youngster

Recruit
Hi, new to this forum and to boating in general.

I purchased this boat in august last year and now want to get ready for the comming season, I want to be able to pull skiiers and tubes from this thing.

Question is, are these hooks meant for this? they seem kinda sturdy..

Also, what kind of robe would i need?

Youngster

Recruit
Re: Suitable towing hooks?

Alright, thanks.

I see it has like a plactic-thing to make it float.

Is that something I would have to worry about? Hehe, I always thought the rope itself could stay afloat :embarassed:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The rope floats. That red plastic is the pulley housing.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

Not all ropes float,watch out for the cheap ones. They can get in the prop if they are sinkers.

lexer440

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also, take care when reversing because it will foul the prop then too, even with a float on it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If I don't have those hooks, I have cleats on each side near the stern that I use for tubing. Do I need to get a ski pylon to water ski and if I do how much do those cost approx?

Do you have a picture of your stern?

TippTop

Cadet

Do you have a picture of your stern?

Sorry the Boat is in PA (I live in NY) I had hoped to get up there this weekend but my kids stuff got in the way. 5 more weeks until school gets out and them I'm there every week-end

If I don't have those hooks, I have cleats on each side near the stern that I use for tubing. Do I need to get a ski pylon to water ski and if I do how much do those cost approx?

I'm not sure I'd trust cleats for pulling skiers or a tube. At a minimum make sure that they're 'bolted' in place with something on the underside to spread the load (plywood, aluminum plate). Cleats are often just screwed down, with the loads imposed by pulling a tube or skier I'd be very scared that it would pull loose sooner or later.

You can find ski pylons in the iboats store, as well as any number of other online boating stores.