T-TOP and Leaning post installation

Bought a solid 1984 17ft Proline CC. I also found a T-Top and Leaning post to fit. The question is about installing them correctly. What is your choice? Backing plates? Lag type spreaders? Granted, generous amounts of 5200 is included, but what about fastening them correctly?

Thanks,
Steve

Bondo

Staff member
Re: T-TOP and Leaning post installation

Bought a solid 1984 17ft Proline CC. I also found a T-Top and Leaning post to fit. The question is about installing them correctly. What is your choice? Backing plates? Lag type spreaders? Granted, generous amounts of 5200 is included, but what about fastening them correctly?

Thanks,
Steve

Ayuh,.... My choices are plywood backin' plates, with through screws, nuts, 'n washers,.... SSteel, of course...

And,... 4200,....

Ya might wanta take it, Off someday...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hi Steve,
Been quite awhile since I have seen you around these here parts...Happy to see you around and great score on the Proline...

Any updates/progress on the Eagle?

I'm with Bond-o 100%...on attaching the T-Top and leaning post...

L8r,
Gus

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Thanks,
Steve

If you can put some backing plates in the locations then yes .. do it. Some like ply or alum. plates. If not then use some fender washers for your through bolts. ( can you through bolt everything ? )

Bondo is right about the 5200 vs. 4200 for a sealant. However 3m has 4000 now :) . I have researched it and basically its 4200 with higher UV properties ..

I think the only thing you need is 5200 fast cure and 4000.

YD.

Great advice. Thanks. The backing plates just make sense but I believe the challenge will be getting under the deck supports of the T-top to place a plate. There are no floor access holes nearby and my arms are just not that long. :rolleyes: The assembly does have the ability to connect on the sides of the CC as well. Backing those areas should be a piece of cake and should serve to secure the thing. The leaning post should be an easy access. I will begin the process in the next couple of weeks and post some pix.

Hey Gus! All is good with the Eagle and work is coming along slowly. The Proline was just too good to pass up so now I have two projects. :facepalm:

That certainly makes the wife happy. Of course, when I brought the Proline home, she said, "Well, I guess that's the end of the bass boat and you've spent all that money!" Of course I had to tell her, "no worries" I will finish the first project, and so with that I have no choice. :joyous:

73Chrysler105

Chief Petty Officer

I understand that Facepalm, I have three boat projects now in my stable.