Any 2012 Four Winns H210 owners?

cayman drew

Cadet
Hey guys,

New to the forum but not to boating :)

Just curious if there are any owners of this particular model on this forum. Any advice stories good or bad? I just bought one after a sea trial and fantastic year end close out deal. She has the VP 5.0 V8. Will be used for cruisng the family and friends around the bay in Destin FL and Crab Island.

briangcc

Commander
Re: Any 2012 Four Winns H210 owners?

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about a year after owning it. My wife and I fell in love with that same boat last year at a boat show. When we're ready to upgrade, we'll be buying new but its a toss up between your boat and the Glastron GTS225.

I'd also be interested if you like the engine selection or would have bumped up to the 300HP Volvo as that's where I'm looking for power plant...

agallant80

Commander

H210 should really have the 5.7L. But the 5.0L is adequate for most uses.]

Some one will have to explain to me the huge engine thing. I mean my Stingray 215LR that weighted in at 5K had a 4.3MPI and I never had an issue getting it going or pulling 250+ people out of the water. For real a 5.7 on a boat that weighs 3380 - 3580. My bayliner weighs in at 7K and I only have the 5.0 in it and it moves just fine.

moosekoot

Cadet

I have a 2007 h210 four winns with the same motor, its a nice boat and will do 50mph, how fast do you want to go. I am over 50 so as we all know it is not about speed but who winns the race. Well built boat and is comfortable. I have been in a lot of boats nd they arecomparable with most.

cayman drew

Cadet

The Volvo 5.0 is 270 HP. The extra $5k for 30 HP more didn't seem to make much sense however, I really really would like captains call exhausts but I'm told they are not an option on the new volvo 5.0 due to catalytic converters, and are only available with the merc 350's @ 300 HP (in this boat anyway).

On the sea trial it did 55 MPH but this was under perfect conditions, the bay was glass, zero gear on board, just myself and the sales guy with a 1/4 tank of gas.

I'm not very familiar with Four Winns although I haven't found to many complaints online, so I thought I'd ask, and thanks for the forum link, I'll sign up over there as well.

briangcc

Commander

Some one will have to explain to me the huge engine thing. I mean my Stingray 215LR that weighted in at 5K had a 4.3MPI and I never had an issue getting it going or pulling 250+ people out of the water. For real a 5.7 on a boat that weighs 3380 - 3580. My bayliner weighs in at 7K and I only have the 5.0 in it and it moves just fine.

I'll answer that....it's simple really. With a smaller engine, sure you can move the boat at an acceptable speed. But how close to WOT are you? As its a smaller engine, it has to work harder to move that boat around. Working harder, more wear and tear on the drive train. More wear and tear, more repairs.

Go with a bigger engine and you'll use less throttle to obtain the same speed. Less throttle, less wear and tear. Less wear and tear, less repairs.

It's always easier to back off the throttle than to add additional HP out on the water when you truly need it. The H210 series comes with the following:

V6 - 225HP
V8 - 270HP (what I currently have in my smaller boat)
V8 - 300HP (what I would get)

**These are the Volvo HP numbers, they come with *ahem* Merc options as well.

BTW: Nice boat choice. What color is it? My wife is taken with the slate color of all things... My current Four Winns has the Forest Green band on it and I like the color.