help to identify suzuki engine

bluerush

Recruit
i bought this engine from a boat mechanic that used to work out of his moms house and no longer lives there. i am having problems with this engine but i do not know what year it is because as another boat mechanic pointed out to me the serial number plate is "missing" . can someone help me identify what year it is so far i guess it is a suzuki dt85c? but i dont know the year. thanks in advanceIMAG0359.jpgIMAG0360.jpgIMAG0361.jpgIMAG0362.jpg

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: help to identify suzuki engine

its an yearly 1980's, without number noway to tell. I have parts for this if you need them

bluerush

Recruit

I bought a manual that is for these engines from 1985 to 1991. I hope it is in there. Thank you for the offer on the parts I will probably be needing them. It sprays water like a holy garden hose out of the head cover,and then stays on full rev when I turn off the key...the carb linkage keeps falling apart, it is a mess. Wires are all over the place. The mechanic screwed me bad. He sold me the engine for 1600 supposevly fully rebuilt.

bluerush

Recruit

I bought a manual that is for these engines from 1985 to 1991. I hope it is in there. Thank you for the offer on the parts I will probably be needing them. It sprays water like a holy garden hose out of the head cover,and then stays on full rev when I turn off the key...the carb linkage keeps falling apart, it is a mess. Wires are all over the place. The mechanic screwed me bad. He sold me the engine for 1600 supposevly fully rebuilt.