Baja Outlaw Project, need some help.

niegelp

Cadet
I have a 1997 Baja Outlaw 20 I am currently refinishing. When I bought the boat, it had no interior, engine, outdrive, windshield, etc. I was wondering if anyone here had any boat scrap yard phone #s or an idea where I might be able to find a windscreen/windshield for this boat. If I have to I will build one, but I think buying one would be a lot easier.

248647_10150632767615253_6881920_n.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Baja Outlaw Project, need some help.

Good luck! (and I mean that sincerely) Windshields are literally the WORST boat part to try to source. You may have a slight advantage as Baja is a well known and popular brand but it's going to be tough.

emilsr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Baja WAS a well known and popular brand.....before it got sold off to Reggie Fountain and his boat company went bankrupt.

Back when your boat was built Baja was owned by Brunswick. You might try calling their customer service department....but I wouldn't hold my breath looking for parts for a 15 year old out of production boat.

Great Lakes Skipper has some Baja parts so I'd start there.

For whatever it's worth, here's what it looked like with the windscreen....and this may even be your boat:

867.jpg

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

I had seen one on Cincinnati Craigslist awhile back...just like the picture, but Black.

Good Luck with your restore!

niegelp

Cadet

I had seen one on Cincinnati Craigslist awhile back...just like the picture, but Black.

Damn, I looked but didn't find it. How long ago did you see it? I wish this was easier!! haha

The easiest way to search multiple craigslist cities/ads is searchtempest.com

73Chrysler105

Chief Petty Officer

You can also use statewidelist.com searches all craiglist ads by state.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

If you wish to have a complete new winsheild it will be a expensive adventure..Most boat junk yards know the pricing of new and beleive they are sitting on gold with there old winsheild's. A lot of Baja owner's do wind screens and there is plenty of info out there..

Google