Trailer for a 1985 16 foot Leisure Island Pontoon Boat

Underblog

Seaman Apprentice
Well, I have determined that Rover (my 1985 16' Leisure Island pontoon boat) needs a trailer. Does anyone know the specs I need to provide the trailer vendor so that I get the right size.

The scissor lifts appear to be easier to load and more flexible with respect to the size of the boat, but the bunk trailers more stable on the road. Since the boat ramp is pretty solid on my lake, and since I will need to haul her only a few miles to storage, I am thinking that either type will do.

I am in Northern MN, and there are plenty of dealers around -- I would like to know what to ask for.

UB

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Trailer for a 1985 16 foot Leisure Island Pontoon Boat

You'll be happier with the bunk type if you do any traveling. The scissor types are unstable.

old jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am kind of new here myself, but I would suggest you ask this question
over on the trailers and towing forum also. old jim

rogerwa

Commander

With the scissor lift all you need is the size of boat. Just go an pick one up. If all you are doing is taking in and out of the lake for Spring and fall, the scissor is the way to go. It is nice to be able to drop the boat wherever you want and loading is a piece of cake and can be done in shallow water. With the size boat you are talking about, stability issues should not be a concern, more so since you are just going a few miles.

I know Tand M marine in grand rapids fabricates and sells both types of these trailers. Here is their page..
Pontoon Trailers for Sale—Factory Direct–MADE IN MINNESOTA | T&M Marine