wingnut

nwcove

Admiral
anyone have a good home recipe for wings? (hot) ive tried many recipes from the web, some good, some not so good.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Re: wingnut

I like mine xtra hot; try this:

1 stick butter
12oz hot sauce (I prefer Crystal; NOT Tabasco)
2T black pepper
1t Habanero flakes
pinch of garlic powder

Put all in a small sauce pan and heat to a rolling boil for 10 mins stirring occaisionally.

Careful!

nwcove

Admiral

thanks coastal ! i can get all those ingredients except the crystal, will have to substitute with franks red hot....i put that sh** on everything! lol

Petty Officer 1st Class

Franks red hot sauce. I don't stray to far from the recipe on back of bottle and very enjoyable. Real butter is a must. Also use butter flavored crisco in my fryer.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here is my favorite... First apply a good rub to the wings , Mine has plenty of garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and paprika . Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes, Next take them from oven and cover them with a mixture of Louisiana hot sauce (not Tabasco ) water and simmer for about 5 minutes....Serve hot with some ranch or blue cheese dressing......

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

I also like to rub, generously w KC Masterpiece BBQ seasoning or other BBQ rub and hold in the fridge for hours. Then smoke indirectly about an hour, and finish turning them over the heat a few minutes, sometimes I add some sauce when they're about done.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Try adding this to you recipe. Buy be warned, it is over the top HOT!!!:flame::flame::flame:

I use a similar extract but I add it later. It actually adds allot of flavor.

We convection bake our wings on parchment paper and they come out with just the right amount of crispness.
Tapatio hot sauce (cheap and great flavor) a little butter (the more butter the less hot) and toss. Easy and simple.

Then I crank them up with my Bhut Jolokia Pepper Extract Powder from Heavenly Heat Gourmet Hot Sauces

82rude

Rear Admiral

stop foolin around with the chic sauce guys,lol.use your go to sauce and add a eye dropper of pure- cap.i mean a drop or 2 ,its the only stuff that has been banned from the fiery foods show.its basically pure capsium which is what make pepers or chilis hot in nature.warning very hot,deadly hot.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

stop foolin around with the chic sauce guys,lol.use your go to sauce and add a eye dropper of pure- cap.i mean a drop or 2 ,its the only stuff that has been banned from the fiery foods show.its basically pure capsium which is what make pepers or chilis hot in nature.warning very hot,deadly hot.

Even with my former military attitude "kill em all and let God sort them out"....... I will not make ALL the wings tasty like the surface of the Sun .......since we have younger children and other adults who can not tolerate that much heat....... I have played with the pure capsicum extracts and it is wasted on the wrong people.

If anyone decides to play with the stuff..... Use With Extreme Caution!!!

tallcanadian

Captain

I guess I'm the boring one in the crowd. I just dip mine in milk and use the crispy shake and bake to coat them with. In the oven for about 45 minutes. I don't like hot sauce or any of that stuff.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Perhap's one of the best threads to hit dockside in a while...recipe's with portions plzzzzz:cool-new:

nwcove

Admiral

Perhap's one of the best threads to hit dockside in a while...recipe's with portions plzzzzz:cool-new:

heres an easy one i tried today.

1 egg beaten with a few tbs of milk(salt and black pepper to taste mixed in)
a couple of cups of cornflake crumbs
your favorite hot sauce

wash and pat dry your wings
dredge through the egg mixture
coat with cornflake crumbs
bake at 350 for +/- 30 mins in a well greased shallow pan

put enough hot sauce into a sealable tupperware container , add cooked wings, shake!!

this makes for a nice crunchy coated wing that soaks up the perfect amt of sauce.

rogerwa

Commander

Here is my not hot but oh so good wings recipe. This is good for ~two flats of chicken wings.

ROG’S CHICKEN WINGS

INGREDIENTS
1 c Water
1 c Soy sauce
? c Pineapple Juice
1 c Sugar
? c Oil
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Ginger powder

DIRECTIONS
1. Mix marinade
2. Marinate wings overnight
3. Bake @350 for ~1 hour
4. Turnover wings and baste – cook additional 15 minutes
Tip: Use disposable aluminum pans – they cook faster and don’t stick – Otherwise use foil lined cookie sheet – trust me on the disposable pans..

After baking, you can serve right away or put in
Crock pot with extra sauce – they will fall
Apart in the crock pot..