mariner 30hp 4 stroke 2002

SCALDED CAT

Cadet
I took the carb off a 2002 30hp 4 stroke without taking note of the fuel lines. I know! Now I have a handful of pipes which I am pretty sure do not go to fuel as they were just sitting pointing upwards. However I would like to be sure so if anyone can kindly set me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Still having a bit of bother with carb fuel lines. My carb is a Keihin J95A PE17 BMC if that makes any sense. It has an extra four places for pipes which I am pretty sure are just breathers as there was loose fuel pipes sitting up behind the carb but connected to it. They are on the opposite side to the throttle linkage and high up on each of the triple carbs. All the diagrams show a carb without these extra fuel nipples. Any help most welcome.

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: mariner 30hp 4 stroke 2002

I've also ran across those carbs.The small brass fittings are vent ports and only certain models were equiped with hoses attached(It really makes no difference)

SCALDED CAT

Cadet

does that mean I can ignore them? I know that the pipes were not connected to fuel but just pointed up above carb level.
Thanks

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Correct leave them the way they are.Do not cap them off.

SCALDED CAT

Cadet

I've also ran across those carbs.The small brass fittings are vent ports and only certain models were equiped with hoses attached(It really makes no difference)

Many thanks. Carb back on and running sweet as a nut. I ran the hoses behind the carb and vented upward. Cheers